Thursday, August 19, 2010

Something interesting



Years ago I tried to work for this guy. I interviewed with him and he even had me work for a day in his studio with his artists, just to see how I worked out. I was super excited because I thought I was on my way out of theme park caricatures and moving up. During that trial day I thought I had done pretty well and made a good impression and all that. After the work day ended I looked for this guy to talk about what he thought about actually hiring me, but he was nowhere to be found. So reluctantly I left and called him the next day, then the next, and for about a week without an answer or a call back. Now I could understand not being hired, but I was upset over him just never taking my calls and just never speaking to me again. That's no way to get rejected for a job.

Yesterday a friend of mine sent me a link to a story on Cartoon Brew on this guy. After reading the comments on the Orlando Sentinel article, I realize what a bullet I had dodged. I hope all those artists I worked with, and that were so helpful to me on that one day, are working and doing well today. It's tough out there.

No comments: